Broward County Work Injury Lawyer
A Broward County work injury lawyer employees trust at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt knows that when accidents happen on the job, it can take a mental and physical toll on the victim. And then not only do you have to focus on recovery, but your employer may be breathing down your neck pressuring you to return to work before you are ready, or you are having trouble handling your workers comp claim on your own. We have seen the way that employers have mistreated their injured workers during a time when they actually need support the most. However, many companies are profit-driven and don’t prioritize their worker’s health out of the desire to save some dough.
What is a Workers Compensation Program?
If your employer has a workers compensation program, then this means you have the right to engage in this protected activity. Essentially, if you are injured at work due to no fault of your own, then you are eligible to receive benefits so you can get the medical attention you need to recover. A work injury lawyer in broward county from our firm can investigate your injury accident further to see if your employer had done something careless or been negligent regarding workplace safety, which had caused the event to occur.
There are certain factors of a workplace accident that would make someone ineligible to receive benefits:
- The worker was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol when the incident occurred.
- The worker has intentionally hurt themselves in order to collect workers compensation benefits.
- The worker was injured due to having instigated a fight in the workplace.
- The worker is not eligible for workers compensation benefits because they are a volunteer, federal employee, railroad employee, longshoremen, independent contractor, part-time domestic worker (nannies and maids), part-time gardener, maintenance worker, taxi driver, or agricultural worker.
Common Types of Injuries
When a workplace accident happens, it could be due to a variety of reasons. Perhaps a step on a staircase broke, protective equipment was flawed, machinery was defective, the ceiling came crumbling down at a construction site, and so much more. Every injury accident is different, but there are types of injuries that tend to be most common in these situations, including:
- Toxic Exposure
- Repetative Motion Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Respiratory Problems
- Crushed Limbs
- Sprained/Strained/Pulled Muscles
- Head and Neck Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Scrapes, Bruises, and Cuts
- Spinal Cord Damage
- Back Injuries
Call The Law Offices of Franks, Koenig, & Neuwelt Today
When it comes to handling workplace accidents, it can help you get the maximum coverage possible if you recruit a member of our team to assist you. We can understand that the weight of recovery and stress during this time can be very heavy, and we are prepared to take some of the burden off your shoulders. Call the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig, & Neuwelt today to learn about how a Broward County lawyer for work injury can support you.