Construction Site Accident Lawyer Boca Raton
Our construction site accident lawyer, Boca Raton victims, depends on shares that it should be no surprise that construction jobs can be incredibly hazardous. There are a plethora of accidents that might occur on a construction site. When proper care is not taken, the damages can be extensive, severely impacting victims. When suffering from injuries, it may be challenging to know who to turn to or what to do next. In efforts to safeguard your claim, several steps should be taken. Contacting the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt will be critical if you find yourself the victim of injuries on a construction site.
The Hazards of Construction Jobs
Construction jobs are incredibly hazardous. According to OSHA, the fatality rate for construction jobs is far higher than any other industry. There are a vast number of accidents that might occur on a construction site, including:
- Trench Related Accidents
- Machinery Malfunctions
- Being Struck by a Falling or Swinging Object
- Falling for a Height
- Scaffold Collapse
- Exposure to Harmful Toxins
- Forklift Injuries
- Lack of Personal Protective Equipment
- Slips and Falls
- Electrical Shock
Employers are responsible for ensuring that the workplace is safe, and all employers are provided with the proper protective gear and training to mitigate the risk of an accident. However, if an injury has occurred, employees must have a clear understanding of their rights and be aware of the proper steps to take to remedy the situation.
Steps to Take After a Construction Accident
After a construction accident, the actions you take are critical to your recovery and your ability to collect workers compensation. Construction accidents can leave victims facing damages that can be catastrophic and even life-changing, which may send you reeling. Our Boca Raton construction site accident lawyer will tell you that taking the proper steps can play a critical role in ensuring that your case is managed appropriately:
- Report the Injury: Because a construction injury will likely require immediate medical attention, you must report it to your employer. Once you have received treatment, your first step should be to report the accident to your employer. Once you have been injured or discovered an injury, you will have 30 days to notify your employer.
- Seek Medical Attention: When an injury has occurred, your health and well being should be at the forefront. Seeking medical care safeguards your case and ensures that you have received the proper treatment for your injuries.
- Gather Evidence: With a case that requires compensation for damages, you will need to take steps to gather evidence in support of your claim. This will play a critical role in tying the accident you suffered to your injuries.
Construction workers who have sustained an accident will be left to deal with the aftermath. The possible impacts include lost wages, physical injuries, pain, and much much more. In the wake of an accident, victims can be left feeling particularly vulnerable. Victims deserve to have the opportunity to access the benefits they are entitled to, and the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt are prepared to help with that. To learn more about the services our Boca Raton, Florida construction site lawyer provides to victims, contact our office to schedule an appointment.