Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorney Palm Beach County
An experienced workers’ compensation attorney Palm Beach County victims turn to will tell you that many work-related accidents are not always as straightforward as they may have appeared at first. When recovering from injuries, it can be unfortunate to face problems related to your claim. In some cases, victims may even have their workers’ compensation claim denied. Knowing the proper steps to take and managing the appeals process may leave you feeling in over your head. Allowing the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to represent you may play a critical role in assisting you through the complicated matters involving your workers’ compensation case.
Common Problems with Workers’ Compensation Claims
Following a work-related injury that has resulted in medical treatment and missed time away from work, employees will turn to workers’ compensation benefits for assistance. It can be challenging to know how to manage the process to maximize the benefits victims are entitled to through workers’ compensation. As a result, many may find that they have made mistakes that could deny their claim. Common reasons for claim denials include:
- Not reporting the accident to your employer
- Inaccurately completing paperwork or failing to submit it on time
- Not seeking medical treatment after the accident or when you became aware of injuries
- Minimizing your injuries or not disclosing the full extent of them to your medical provider
- Failing to follow through with recommendations from your medical provider
- Your injury did not happen at work
- Your employee does not believe you were injured at work and disputes your claim
If you have received notice of a workers’ compensation claim denial, don’t give up hope. It may still be possible to receive the benefits you were counting on to assist in your recovery with the assistance of our experienced Palm Beach County workers’ compensation attorney.
Learning that your claim has been denied can be impactful for victims. However, know that with a lawyer by your side to assist you, you have given yourself the best opportunity to receive an outcome you can be satisfied with. Here are some steps to take if you have received a denial letter:
- Make sure you have saved everything. When a claim has been denied, you will need to ensure you have kept all relevant documentation and evidence.
- Gain an understanding of why your claim has been denied. Your lawyer can contact the insurance carrier or your employer to discuss the reason for the denial. In some cases, there may be a simple solution. For example, if a mistake on the paperwork was made, the problem may be quickly resolved.
- File an appeal. In some cases, you may need to undergo the appeals process. This process is initiated when a petition is filed with the Office of the Judges of Compensation Claims. If a settlement is still not reached, the case will go to mediation in efforts to negotiate an agreement. If this does not occur, the case may go to trial.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt have witnessed firsthand the devastation that can result from work-related accidents. Managing the workers comp system’s complicated inner workings can be incredibly challenging to navigate without a lawyer with experience in work injury law. We know the road ahead may be full of unknowns. Our experienced Palm Beach County, Florida workers’ compensation attorney is prepared to help you resolve your case in as timely a manner as possible.