Experienced Workers Compensation Lawyer Palm Beach County
If you were injured at work, you should consult an experienced workers compensation lawyer Palm Beach County residents trust. While nobody expects to get hurt at work, it happens more than you’d like to think. Having a trusted lawyer on your side can improve your chances of obtaining the compensation you deserve.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Workers Compensation Claim
Employers are legally obligated to carry workers compensation insurance to protect employees who get injured in the workplace. However, if you make errors during the claims process, you can hurt your chances of getting a fair settlement. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your claim:
- Report Your Injury Immediately to Your Boss: If you got hurt in an accident at work, the first thing you need to do is inform your employer. In Florida, you have to report an injury within 30 days. If you miss the deadline, you can lose out on your right to receive workers compensation benefits.
- Educate Yourself About Available Benefits: When you get injured at work, you’re typically entitled to temporary disability benefits, permanent disability benefits, medical treatment and vocational rehabilitation. However, your employer’s insurance company may not fully explain these benefits because they’re in the business of making money. If you have any questions about the benefits you’re entitled to, you should speak to an experienced workers compensation lawyer in Palm Beach County.
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: Even if you feel okay after your work accident, you should get evaluated by a doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries may not present symptoms immediately and you don’t want to put your health in jeopardy. Additionally, if you don’t see a doctor promptly, your employer’s insurance company may argue that you aren’t truly hurt and deny your claim.
- Don’t Hesitate to Get a Second Opinion: Your employer’s insurance company will likely require you to initially see a doctor of their choosing. However, because this doctor gets paid by the insurance company, he or she may try to minimize your injuries. If you don’t believe your doctor has your best interest heart, don’t be afraid to see a different physician.
- Hire a Lawyer: Many simple workers compensation cases can be handled without a lawyer. However, if issues arise during your workers’ compensation case, you should speak to a workers compensation lawyer. For example, if your employer denies your claim or retaliates against you for filing a claim, you need a skilled lawyer on your side. He or she will fight to get you the compensation you deserve and always have your best interests at heart.
If you need assistance with your workers’ compensation claim, you should schedule a consultation with an experienced workers compensation lawyer in Palm Beach County at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt.