Palm Beach Gardens Work Injury Lawyer
Palm Beach Gardens Work Injury Lawyer
Workers’ compensation accidents do not discriminate. If you are working, you can be hurt. Our Palm Beach Gardens workers’ compensation lawyers are here to protect your rights when the unexpected happens.
Workplace accidents can occur at any time and take many forms. Workers’ compensation accidents can involve low back injuries after lifting, neck injuries after a fall, knee and shoulder tears from catching falling objects and more.
An experienced Palm Beach Gardens workers’ compensation lawyer can help you identify injuries that are covered under Florida’s workers’ compensation laws, even if you don’t think of the injury as a work comp accident. Examples of these covered events include repetitive trauma injuries, such as a dental hygienist who develops carpal tunnel, a construction worker using a jackhammer that redevelops tennis elbow, or a bricklayer who develops arthritis in the knees.
The work injury lawyers at the law office of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt understand what a toll a work accident can take on you and your family’s lives. Our attorneys pride themselves on attention to the details that matter most to you: receiving medical care, being paid lost wages and always being available when you need us the most.
A disability caused by a work related accident can cause financial instability and uncertainty resulting in unpaid bills, pressure on marital relations and overall stress. Our Palm Beach Gardens workers’ compensation lawyers are trained to help provide legal advice that can help you avoid the unnecessary anxiety and worry that you may otherwise face if you handle a workplace accident alone.
Our work injury compensation lawyers are committed to helping those who are hurt at work. We know how frustrating it can be to speak with work comp adjusters who do not answer your calls, return your messages or deny you the care you need. Our goal is to be the buffer between you and the insurance company. The staff and attorneys at the law offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt are ready to deal directly with the carriers and their adjusters. We are ready to help you obtain the medical and lost wage benefits to which you are entitled to under the law.
We offer free and confidential consultation with one of the Palm Beach Gardens workers’ compensation lawyers here at Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt. We will be able to assess the situation and determine if you have a workers’ compensation case and how you can best proceed to maximize your benefits, including medical care, medication, surgery, mileage, therapy, surgery and lost wages.
If you are hurt at work, call an experienced Palm Beach Gardens workers’ compensation lawyer. Contact the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt today.
Common Myths About Work Injuries
Although most employers work hard to create a safe environment for workers, accidents can still happen. Here are some common myths about workplace injuries you should know about:
- No Workplace Can Be Free of Hazards: Unfortunately, some people are under the false impression that hazard-free workplaces don’t exist. Some work environments, like construction sites, may require more safety measures than others, but it’s not impossible to keep them completely safe. If employers do their part to minimize hazards and instruct their workers on how to stay safe, they can have a very safe working environment.
- It’s Too Expensive to Maintain a Safe Environment: Having the proper safety measures in place in the workplace might not be cheap, but it’s completely worth it. It’s certainly less expensive than paying for workers’ medical bills and lost wages when they do get injured.
- If the Injury Was Your Fault, You’re Not Eligible to Receive Benefits: Another common myth a Palm Beach Gardens work injury lawyer hears is that you won’t qualify for benefits if the injury was your fault. Even if the injury was caused by your own carelessness, you’re still eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits. However, if you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol when you got injured, you won’t be able to receive compensation.
- Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim Can Get You Fired: Some people are reluctant to file workers’ compensation claims because they think they will get fired. However, it’s illegal for an employer to terminate workers for filing these claims. If your boss is threatening to fire you for filing a claim, you should speak to a Palm Beach Gardens work injury lawyer.
- Only Severe Injuries Qualify for Benefits: You actually don’t have to suffer a traumatic brain injury or other serious injury to qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. Even if you suffered an ankle sprain in the workplace, you can still receive benefits.
- I Can Wait and See If I Get Better: In Florida, you only have 30 days to report a work injury. If you report it after that deadline, you won’t be eligible for benefits anymore.
- If My Initial Claim Gets Denied, It’s All Over: If your initial workers’ compensation claim got rejected, you may feel devastated. However, you’re not alone. Employers deny many workers’ compensation claims for one reason or another. However, that doesn’t mean you have to give up. You can file an appeal with the assistance of a Palm Beach Gardens work injury lawyer.
“If you want prompt and professional service when it comes to a Workmen’s Compensation case, then you need to get a hold of Frank’s, Koenig and Neuwelt! I had the pleasure of working with Mr. Koenig and the paralegals were amazing as well. ”