Palm Beach Workplace Accident Lawyer
When people go into work, they don’t expect to come out with injuries. Unfortunately, however, workplace injuries are becoming more and more common. If you were recently hurt in the workplace, you’re entitled to compensation. It’s important to speak to a Palm Beach workplace accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Workplace Accidents
Although many employers do their best to keep the workplace safe, accidents can still happen. Here are some of the most common causes of workplace accidents a Palm Beach workplace accident lawyer sees.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: These types of accidents can occur in many types of workplaces, from offices to factories. Improper footwear, slippery floors and clutter can all cause slip and fall accidents. One of the best ways to prevent these accidents is to clean up spills on the floor as quickly as possible.
- Falling Objects: A Palm Beach workplace accident lawyer has represented many individuals who have been hurt by falling objects at work. These types of accidents can even happen in office environments. If items fall from bookshelves, for example, and hit a worker, it could result in head injuries. To avoid these injuries, it’s important to stack everything as securely as possible.
- Violence: It’s scary to think about, but violence among staff members can erupt in the workplace. If an argument between two workers gets out of hand, they could act violent toward each other. It’s critical for employers to impose a zero-tolerance workplace violence policy to minimize these types of incidents.
- Machine Entanglement: Heavy machinery makes it easier and faster to perform many tasks in a factory. However, if employees aren’t careful, they can get a body part caught in a machine, resulting in life-threatening injuries. Machine operators should be properly trained and wear the right clothing to reduce the risk of injuries.
- Improper Lifting: Employees can be in danger of enduring sprains and strains if they lift heavy objects improperly at work. To avoid these injuries, workers should ask for help before living heavy items.
Should I Hire a Workplace Accident Lawyer?
If you were recently injured at work, you may wonder if it’s necessary to hire a Palm Beach workplace accident lawyer or not. If you suffered a minor injury and your employer admits that the injury happened at work, you may be able to handle the claim yourself. On the other hand, if your injuries are so severe that they prevent you from performing your job or your employer has denied your claim, it’s in your best interest to hire a workplace accident lawyer.
A skilled lawyer will help gather the necessary evidence to support your case, negotiate with the insurance company and protect your legal rights.
If you suffered injuries at work, schedule a consultation with a Palm Beach workplace accident lawyer to discuss your case. Call Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt.