Port St. Lucie Work Injury Compensation Lawyer
If you were injured at work, you should talk to a Port St. Lucie work injury compensation lawyer promptly. All employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect injured workers. A skilled lawyer can help ensure that you obtain the compensation you’re entitled to.
Tips to Returning to Work After an Injury
Many employees are anxious to go back to work after suffering an injury. However, it is important not to rush things and listen to your body. Here are some helpful tips for returning to work after an injury:
- Follow Your Doctor’s Advice: After evaluating your injury, your doctor will advise you of when to return to work. Your doctor knows best and is looking out for your best interests, so it is important to listen to him or her. Even if you are starting to feel better, you shouldn’t go back to work before your doctor gives you the okay. If you return to work too soon, you could slow down your recovery or risk another injury.
- Keep in Contact With Your Boss: Although you have the right to take a leave of absence from your job to recover from your injury, you should still communicate with your boss periodically. Send your boss an email from time to time to let him or her know how you feel and ask how things are going at work. Doing this will help you maintain a positive relationship with your boss and make it easier to return to work.
- Request Accommodations: When your doctor approves you to go back to work, you still may have trouble doing certain tasks. If this is the case, do not be afraid to ask your employer about making accommodations. For example, you may ask your employer for a stool to rest on or change some of your work responsibilities.
- Document Your Symptoms: It is a wise idea to write down how you are feeling during each work day. For example, if you feel especially tired after the end of work every day, you should include that in your notes. When you visit your doctor, your doctor can refer to your notes to see if your injury is getting better or worse because of work duties.
- Don’t Hesitate to Look Beyond Workers’ Compensation: The benefits you receive from workers’ compensation are not always enough to cover all your expenses. It will pay your current medical bills, but it might not consider other damages, like pain and suffering. A Port St. Lucie work injury compensation lawyer may help you file a work injury lawsuit in addition to workers’ compensation to help you obtain sufficient compensation.
If you were injured on the job, schedule a consultation with a Port St. Lucie work injury compensation lawyer. Contact Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt today.