Jeffrey Bennett Cohen
Jeffrey Bennett Cohen is licensed to practice law in Florida and the Federal Court for the Southern District of Florida. He has spent the past twenty-five years practicing in the fields of Criminal Law and Workers’ Compensation. Mr. Cohen initially worked as an Assistant State Attorney and Supervisor for the State Attorney’s Office, 17th Judicial Circuit, Broward County. Since leaving the State Attorney’s Office, Mr. Cohen has spent the last seventeen years actively and aggressively defending clients charged with criminal offenses and helping thousands of injured and disabled workers receive medical and financial benefits.
- Practiced exclusively in the field of Workers’ Compensation law and Criminal law throughout his career
- While practicing Workers’ Compensation Law, represented exclusively inured workers since 2005
- Assistant State Attorney Supervisor, Broward County, Florida, 1998-2005
- Successfully litigated over 1000 cases to verdict
- Law Instructor, Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 2006
- Licensed in Florida and the Federal Court for the Southern District of Florida
Injured Customers Make Employers Pay Under the Negligent Hiring Doctrine: Evolution, Explanation, and Avoidance of Negligent Hiring Litigation, J. INDIVIDUAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS, Vol. 6 (4) 305-317, 1997-98.
- Bachelor of Arts, Criminology, University of South Florida, 1993
- Master of Science, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Nova Southeastern University, 1995
- Widener University School of Law, 1998
Mr. Cohen enjoys watching and participating in athletic sporting events, concerts and shows as well as family time with his four wonderful children.