Aggressive Workers Compensation Lawyer Palm Beach Gardens
If you got injured at work, you need an aggressive workers compensation lawyer Palm Beach Gardens residents trust on your side. You deserve maximum compensation for your losses. Your lawyer will fight to get you fair compensation for your injury and protect your legal rights.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in Your Workers Compensation Case
The steps you take immediately after getting injured at work can have a big impact on your settlement. Here are some common mistakes you should avoid making:
- Failing to Report Your Injury to Your Employer Immediately: Getting injured in the workplace can be a shock and you might not think clearly immediately afterward. However, the one thing you should remember to do is inform your employer about the accident right away. You only have 30 days to report a work injury. Once the deadline has passed, you will no longer be eligible to receive compensation.
- Not Seeking Medical Attention Promptly: If you don’t feel too badly hurt after your work accident, you might put off seeing a doctor. However, it’s important to remember the certain injuries, like concussions, may not show symptoms immediately. If you delay seeing a doctor, you could put your health in jeopardy. If you wait too long to seek medical attention, it could also make it more difficult to obtain workers compensation.
- Not Being Careful About What You Post on Social Media: Another mistake an aggressive workers compensation lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens sees people make is not being cautious about what they post on Facebook and other social media sites. However, you should understand that your employer’s insurance company might be looking at your social media to find information to use against you. For example, if you said you injured your back at work and post pictures of you at an amusement park, the insurance company may argue that you’re lying about your injury.
- Ignoring Your Doctor’s Orders: After your doctor evaluates your injury, he or she will recommend the appropriate treatment. Whether your doctor suggests physical therapy or bedrest, you should follow his or her advice. If you don’t, you could delay your recovery and put your health at risk. Your employer’s insurance company may also assume that you aren’t truly injured and deny your case.
- Believing Your Employer and Insurance Company Are Looking Out for You: While it would be nice if your employer and insurance company cared about your best interests, it’s likely not the case. They care most about the bottom line and may try to offer you as little money as possible for your claim. That’s why it’s important to have a skilled workers compensation on your side who will protect your best interests and prevent anyone from taking advantage of you.
If you were hurt at work, contact an aggressive workers compensation lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens today. Call Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt.