Construction Accident Attorney Boca Raton Trusts Explains Accident Claim Factors
When someone calls a construction accident attorney about filing a construction accident claim, one of the first things he or she often asks is: how much will I get? Realistically it is impossible to tell them any number without knowing precise details of their case. Furthermore, there are many factors to take into consideration. Only after these things are realized might a construction accident attorney be able to give an approximate worth of a construction accident claim. It should be noted that any Boca Raton attorney who promises ‘X’ amount before knowing these details or even filing a complaint might not be adhering to their ethical obligations as a legal professional. If you have been promised an amount during a consultation, it is advisable to call another lawyer.
What are some factors that could affect the value of a construction accident claim?
The attorneys at The Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt have a sound understanding of every factor that could impact a construction accident claim. If we believe you have a case, we will ensure all factors have been considered so that you get maximum compensation. The following are examples of factors that could affect the value, or worth, or your construction accident claim.
The Severity of Your Injuries
In general, the more severe the injury is, the more your claim will be worth. For example, a brain or head injury, severed limb, or paralysis are weighed more heavily than a torn muscle or broken leg.
In general, the more serious an injury is, the more medical expenses you will incur. This typically increases the worth of a construction accident. It is prudent that a doctor identifies every injury and treatment in your medical record. You should also keep any invoice or bill related to:
- Ambulance transfers
- Emergency and hospital room stay
- Visits to specialists
- Physical therapy
- Tests or scans
- Mental health counseling (i.e. for PTSD, depression, anxiety, etc.)
A good Boca Raton lawyer should also factor in prospective medical care to ensure you receive enough compensation to cover these costs.
If you had a pre-existing injury that was exacerbated while working at a construction site, you might still qualify for compensation. These claims are generally worth less than those that involve an injury solely caused by an accident. In these circumstances, it will be useful to have solid medical documentation and statements from doctors or other medical experts. A construction accident attorney may be able to help with this type of case; the sooner you call, the better.
Many injuries will result in the need to take time off work. A construction accident attorney can assist in recovering lost wages that could cover some or all of your salary. If you’re unable to work for an extended period of time or have been disabled and can no longer work, this should be factored into the value of your claim.
Depending on the state you are in, the court might apply comparative negligence into your case. This assigns a percentage of liability to every party involved. Some parties will be 100% liable, and others 80% for example. If you are found to be a percentage greater than 50%, you might not be able to recover compensation. If you’re found to be 30% responsible, your claim’s award could be reduced by 30%. It is possible for an insurance company to apply this to a claim. For this reason, you should have a construction accident attorney in Boca Raton on your side who can ensure your rights are protected to their fullest.
Certain states have placed a cap on personal injury claims. This means you might only be able to recover up to a certain amount regardless of how severe the injury was. A lawyer can explain whether or not there are any caps for construction accident claims in your state.
If you would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with a construction accident attorney Boca Raton workers recommend, call The Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt.
A Construction Accident Lawyer Boca Raton, FL Workers Hire for Help
If you are looking for a – construction accident lawyer Boca Raton, FL – workers trust to assist in obtaining workers’ compensation settlements, contact The Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt today to request a free consultation. Our attorneys have helped clients recover millions of dollars in benefits and compensation.
We Can Assist You
Suffering a workplace injury on a construction site are serious matters that can result in life-threatening injuries and affect your ability to earn an income. If you suffer a workplace injury and file a workers’ compensation claim without an attorney, you run the risk of not getting the full compensation you deserve. But, when you hire an experienced Boca Raton work injury lawyer, you not only gain their knowledge and experience, but also a fierce ally in fighting for your rights. After consulting with one of our Boca Raton workers’ compensation lawyer, you will be better prepared to handle the workers’ compensation system.
What You Should Consider
When consulting with a construction accident lawyer, Boca Raton, FL workers should consider the following:
1. – What is the extent of your injuries? – A medical doctor may determine that in addition to your current injuries, you may be at risk for complications that could develop over time. Each of our attorneys is an experienced construction accident lawyer whom Boca Raton, FL area physicians are familiar with. We can help you with your workers’ compensation doctors and specialists and recommend appropriate treatment options. This kind of medical information may be extremely important to your case.
2. – What if a company or personal vehicle is involved? – If you are involved in an accident on a construction site while in a vehicle even if the vehicle is your own, you may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. At your free consultation with a construction accident lawyer whom Boca Raton, FL residents turn to, we will work to determine what kind of compensation benefits you are entitled.
3. – What about your family? – We have recovered money and benefits for family members of those injured in workplace accidents when workers’ compensation doctors recommend aid and attendant care. Your home care provider may be losing wages in pursuit of your care, and he or she may be eligible for payment for providing family care support compensation. One of our workplace injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt may be able to assist you in determining a full and fair compensation package for you and any home care options you choose.
Contact a Construction Accident Lawyer Boca Raton, FL Trusts
Workplace construction accidents can be serious. With expensive medical care and lost wages, the mountain of bills and expenses can add up quickly. Having the support of an experienced legal team behind you throughout the entire process can give you peace of mind. At the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt, we will work tirelessly to ease your stress by obtaining the best settlement possible. When choosing a construction accident lawyer whom Boca Raton, FL workers have consistently turned to, call The Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to help recover the compensation you deserve today.
Construction is among the most harmful tasks because of the high danger for mishaps amongst employees and may cause you to contact a construction accident lawyer in Boca Raton at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt. Construction websites are usually unsteady by nature, and according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, over one-quarter of building employees have been hurt on the job. In addition, injuries from building accidents often cause very severe injuries, and these accidents may even be fatal. In 2010 alone, 774 Americans died from injuries caused by construction mishaps, accounting for practically 20% of all work environment fatalities.
Typical Construction Accidents:
There are countless different methods a building employee may get injured on the job, there are a number of regularly pointed out types of accidents. The top ten building accidents that may cause you to contact a construction accident lawyer in Boca Raton at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt are as follows
- Falls. Building and construction employees often perform their tasks from high places such as scaffolding, rooftops, or ladders. Falling from high places is the primary most typical building and construction mishap, causing practically 35% of construction injuries.
- Falling Debris. Tools, developing products, pieces of scaffolding, or other supplies can do severe damage if they fall from considerable heights and land on an employee.
- Electrocutions. Up until building is total, there are frequently exposed wires, incomplete electrical systems, and downed power lines.
- Explosions or burns. Even if exposed wires do not electrocute anybody, they still may spark surges or fires. Gas leaks can pose a similar danger.
- Slip and fall. Building websites typically have additional products, tools, and particles lying around over which workers could journey. There are typically slippery surface areas that can cause slip and falls.
- Equipment accidents. Construction employees frequently run big and/or hazardous equipment, such as jackhammers, cranes, bulldozers, and even smaller power tools like nail weapons and drills, all of which may trigger serious injury.
- Getting caught in between materials. Even if products do not fall and directly strike a worker, they can trap a worker in between a wall and the product, triggering damaged ribs or cutting off an employee’s oxygen consumption.
- Trench or ground collapses. Trenches and other excavations are typically needed for building websites. Nevertheless, this causes the ground and surrounding areas to be unstable and can collapse on workers who might remain in or around the trench.
- Getting hit by an automobile. This is a common mishap on highway building websites, when speeding or sidetracked drivers hit workers with their lorries.
- Overexertion. Construction teams typically work long hours in these aspects, including severe heat and humidity. This can cause injury from dehydration, fainting, or even strokes.
There are numerous risks and dangers of building sites, and no matter how mindful a worker may be, he or she may still be hurt. It is very important to seek advice from a Florida building accident lawyer whenever you are hurt in a mishap on the job; you may be entitled to a compensation above and beyond any workers’ payment. Merry Fountain has years of experience working with injured victims in all kinds of cases. Contact our skilled Florida injury law firm today.
Construction is one of the most hazardous jobs due to the high danger for mishaps amongst workers. Construction sites are generally unsteady by nature, and according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, over one-quarter of building and construction workers have actually been hurt on the job. Injuries from building accidents often cause very severe injuries, and these mishaps might even be fatal. Falling from high places is the number one most common construction accident, triggering nearly 35% of building and construction injuries.
It is crucial to consult with a Florida building and construction mishap attorney whenever you are injured in an accident on the task; you might be entitled to a reimbursement above and beyond any employees’ payment.
Reach out to a construction accident lawyer in Boca Raton at the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt today.
“First time going through anything like this but i’m glad I called these guys.. They hit every expectation above and beyond.. Amazing outcome, fair timing, Great People HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Thanks Judd, Lisa and Kim!!!!”