Head-On Collision Lawyer Palm Beach FL
If you were injured in a head-on collision accident, you should speak to a head-on collision lawyer Palm Beach FL residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a claim against the at-fault driver and protect your legal rights.
What Is a Head-On Collision Accident?
A head-on collision accident occurs when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide into each other. It is one of the most serious types of car accidents because the force of the impact is doubled. Many head-on collision accidents are caused by drunk drivers, fatigued drivers, bad weather conditions, and tire blowouts.
What Are Common Injuries in Head-On Collisions?
A head-on collision accident can result in many severe injuries, including:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries are common in car accidents that involve significant force. These injuries can range from mild concussions to ones that cause permanent brain damage. Many traumatic brain injury victims require surgery and rehab.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: As a Palm Beach car accident lawyer can confirm, head-on collisions can also result in spinal cord injuries. These injuries can make it difficult for the body and brain to communicate with each other. Sometimes these injuries can lead to partial or total paralysis, preventing the victim from completing basic tasks on their own.
- Broken Bones: Due to the severe impact, head-on collisions often cause broken bones. For example, you may break your arms or legs if they hit the steering wheel or dashboard during the accident. Broken bones cause extreme pain and can take a while to recover from. If a bone is broken in more than one place, surgery may be required.
- Chest Injuries: In a head-on collision accident, your chest is at risk of getting hit. A chest injury can result in bruising or even broken ribs. Unfortunately, broken ribs could puncture organs, which can be fatal.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Although cuts and lacerations may not seem as serious as the above injuries, they still should not be taken lightly. In a head-on collision accident, it is common to suffer cuts and lacerations on the shoulders and pelvic area. They can cause significant pain and become infected if not treated properly.
Contacting a Lawyer
Recovering from a head-on collision accident can get expensive. From medical bills to lose wages, you could have hundreds of dollars of losses. That is why it is important to have an experienced head-on collision lawyer in Palm Beach FL on your side. He or she can help you gather evidence, locate key witnesses, and negotiate with insurance companies.
If you are the victim of a head-on collision, you should schedule a free consultation with a head-on collision lawyer in Palm Beach FL as soon as possible to talk about your case. Contact Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt.