If you have been injured at work, let a work injury lawyer Hollywood FL residents trust from the Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt help you secure the compensation you are entitled to. Workers’ compensation benefits are the type of payments that an employee may receive if they are injured while at work and must take time off to recover.
At times, this can be a complicated process that may require legal representation. Enlist our help today by setting up a free consultation; call us at 561.616.3800. We have been able to recover damages for many types of workers’ compensation cases.
What Is Workers’ Comp?
Workers’ compensation is a benefit that employers are required to provide if you are injured while at work. In almost all cases, acceptance of this benefit means that you waive your right to filing a civil suit in court. Don’t let this deter you from contacting us, especially if you have been seriously injured. We offer the first consultation for free so that we can go over the details of your case and determine if filing a lawsuit is in your best interest.
What if I Am Unable to Return to Work?
In cases that involve more severe injuries, there may be a chance that you are unable to return to your old job due to the injury that you sustained. For example, if you injured your back at work, you may not be able to meet the physical demands of your old job if you are still experiencing problems. The support from your doctor will be key, as they will need to attest to your injury and recovery process and the likelihood that you will not be able to do the work that you once did.
There are a few things at play here that a Hollywood work injury lawyer may be able to help you with. In situations where you cannot return to your old job, your old employer may be required to pay for you to be retrained for a job in another type of industry.
If it is determined that you cannot meet the physical demands of your job, you may be able to continue collecting workers’ compensation. If you receive a disability that is permanent, it may impact your ability to work. You may be able to apply for permanent disability benefits. A work injury lawyer Hollywood FL employees recommend can explain what benefit may apply for your situation.
What If My Employer Canceled My Workers’ Comp Benefits?
Although there are safeguards in place that prevent unlawful treatment of a worker who is receiving workers’ comp benefits, unfortunately, there are situations where an employee is treated unjustly. Let us advocate for you, especially if you have been terminated from your job as a result of your injuries or your employer canceled your benefits. It will be necessary to hire legal representation if you are terminated or lose your workers’ comp benefits while you are still recovering from your injury. Choose a work injury lawyer Hollywood FL victims depend on from Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt to help you navigate the complexities of workers’ compensation benefits.
Contact a Work Injury Lawyer Hollywood FL Client Recommend for Help
If you would like to speak to a work injury lawyer in Hollywood FL, our legal team is here to help.
Call a work injury lawyer Hollywood FL provides today at 561.616.3800 there is no risk to you for this free consultation.
Common Injuries in the Office
Initially, it might seem like office workers are safe from getting injured in the workplace. After all, they sit for most of the day and don’t have to work with heavy machinery. However, it’s still possible to get hurt in the office. Here are some factors that can increase the risk of injuries among office workers.
- Ergonomic Injuries: Office workers spend many hours every week sitting in a chair and making the same movements over and over. Eventually, this can lead to ergonomic injuries. These workers may experience fatigue, carpal tunnel syndrome, or tennis elbow. Office workers can minimize these injuries by practicing good posture, adjusting their chair’s height, and putting their keyboard below desk level.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents can happen just about anywhere, including office environments. Wet floors, wire,s and cords, and uneven carpeting can all increase the risk of slip and falls in offices. As a work injury lawyer in Hollywood, FL can confirm, these accidents can result in head injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, and other injuries. It’s important for employees to clean up spills immediately and notify their supervisor about hazardous conditions immediately.
- Eye Strain: Many office workers stare at a computer screen for several hours a day. Unfortunately, this can lead to eye strain over time. To reduce eye strain, workers should take 10-minute breaks from their computer every hour.
- Poor Air Quality: Whether it’s due to water damage or inadequate housekeeping, poor air quality can lead to respiratory disorders in office workers. Employers can improve the air quality in offices by improving their ventilation and hiring a professional cleaning company to clean the space frequently.
How to Hire the Right Work Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured at work, it’s beneficial to have a work injury lawyer in Hollywood, FL on your side. Here are some qualities to look for in your lawyer:
- Experienced: The lawyer you hire should have many years of experience in workers’ compensation law. The longer a lawyer has been practicing, the more likely he or she will be prepared to handle your case.
- Passionate: When you speak to a work injury lawyer, pay attention to how he or she communicates with you. Does the lawyer seem genuinely interested in your case or does he or she just seem to be going through the motions? If it’s the latter, you should consider talking to another lawyer. It’s important to work with a lawyer who has passion for helping you.
- Available: It’s also important to hire a work injury lawyer in Hollywood, FL who actually has time to work on your case. If the lawyer has a heavy caseload, he or she can’t give your case the attention it deserves.